Ready for WAR. Another savage from the LOST BOY world I am building.
Michele Carragher, the head embroider on Game of Thrones, made this awesome tutorial to show how she created the dragonscale fabric that appears on several of Daenarys’ costumes in S3 and S4.
Ms. Carragher says that the dragonscale fabric was created because “In season 3 the Costume Designer Michele Clapton wanted a Dragonscale like textured embroidery that starts to emerge on three of Daenery’s costumes, which becomes heavier and more pronounced, growing and evolving as the season progresses” (Carragher).
In stages 9-11 of the tutorial we see how the textile evolves from lightly to heavily embellished. This progression is meant to illustrate Daenarys’ personal growth and the growth of her dragons (source).
Despite this week being somewhat (read: very) stressful, there are at least some good things:
* Cirque du Soleil was awesome!
* my cat is LOVING the new soft food that will hopefully relieve the stress on her kidneys (I can’t tell you how much I was dreading the thought of giving her fluids.)
* my leaking faucet is repaired! (Fun fact: I judge certain things about a person by how clean they keep their bathroom. I was beyond annoyed about the leak.)
* I get to see friends tomorrow!
* and lastly, I am going to play one of the new TSW missions tonight. Probably the boom box one. Oh man, new content is like candy!
Change requires chaos, and chaos is ours to orchestrate.
I can hardly believe I managed to finish this before Dragon*Con!
Photos by the lovely coneyinacap.